- From € 29 one-way trip
- 10 connections a day
- Travel with Thalys or Intercity Brussels
Travel for less to Brussels South Charleroi Airport
Brussels Charleroi Airport (Aéroport de Charleroi Bruxelles-Sud) is a smaller airport than Zaventem and is located to the north of the industrial city of Charleroi and 46 kilometres from Brussels. Various low-cost airlines use this airport for departures to popular holiday destinations.
How to travel to Brussels South Charleroi Airport
To reach Brussels South Charleroi Airport you can travel in comfort with Thalys or Intercity Brussel to Brussel-Zuid/Midi. From here buses (Brussels City Shuttle) depart that connect seamlessly to the scheduled flights. Travel time from Brussel-Zuid/Midi is approximately 50 minutes.
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner
With Intercity Brussels to Brussels South Charleroi Airport
From Amsterdam you can travel with intercity Brussels to Brussels South Charleroi Airport, changing trains 2 or 3 times. Depending on when you leave, the trip takes 3.5 to 4 hours. You pay a fixed price for one-way or return tickets. A 2nd class one-way ticket between Amsterdam and Brussels Airport can be booked for € 29, 1st class for € 87,40. Besides a regular ticket, there are great rates in the form of Early Bird.
Worried that your flight may be delayed or that there's a long queue at the baggage claim area, after arriving at the airport? Then it's nice to have a flexible train ticket. With Intercity Brussels, you can travel all day long, and you're not tied to a fixed time. If you're travelling with Thalys, the fare conditions and rebooking fees vary. If you want to change or cancel your booking free of charge, travel with a Premium ticket.Read more about Thalys’s conditions
- The travel times and frequencies apply to day-time trips on weekdays and can be subject to change. Refer to the international itinerary planner for more information.
- We advise that you plan enough time to change trains and to check in, so that if there are delays you will not miss your flight.
- Brussels Airport (BRU) and Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CLR) are both called 'Brussels Airport' by some airlines. Your airline operator can tell you which airport you are flying from.
Brussels South Charleroi Airport
* Price quote is based on single, 2nd class No-Flex fare for Thalys from Amsterdam Centraal to Brussel Zuid/Midi. Tickets have limited availability and cannot be changed or cancelled after purchase. Tickets for Brussels City Shuttle buses or Brussel - Charleroi Sud trains are not included.