- From € 41,10 one-way trip with Intercity Brussel
- 30 connections a day
- Direct connection with Intercity Brussels
- Travel with Thalys or Intercity Brussels
Brussels Airport - Zaventem: Belgium's national airport
Brussels Airport - Zaventem better known as Brussels Zaventem or Brussels National Airport – is Belgium’s national airport and is located 12 kilometres from the Belgian capital. Many airlines use this passenger-friendly airport for departures to European and intercontinental destinations.
With Intercity Brussels to Brussels Airport - Zaventem
From Amsterdam you travel with Intercity Brussels directly to Brussels Airport - Zaventem. Depending on the time of departure, the trip takes approximately 3 hours. You pay a fixed rate for a one-way or return journey.
With Thalys to Brussels Airport - Zaventem
With Thalys, you travel to Antwerp, where you can take a train to the station Brussels Airport - Zaventem. There are 12 connections with Thalys from Amsterdam, Schiphol and Rotterdam. The travel time is 1.57 hours.
More information about travelling to the airport by train
Entrance gates at Brussels Airport - Zaventem
To enter or leave station Brussels Airport - Zaventem travellers need to scan the barcode on their ticket at the entrance gates.
*Supervised children up to 12 years are allowed to pass the entrance gates with the help of the assistance personnel.
**There are special entrance gates for travellers with impaired mobility.
In 2012 a new railway line was created in Belgium. This new line means a better connection between Brussels Airport and Antwerp and Liège. To finance this project travellers travelling to Brussels Airport - Zaventem are asked to pay a surtax.
When booking online, the price includes the Diabolo surtax.
You can also buy this extra surtax by telephone or at a counter. Finally, you have the option of purchasing the amount upon arrival at Brussels Airport - Zaventem at a vending machines on the platforms.
- The travel times and frequencies apply to day-time trips on weekdays and can be subject to change. Refer to the international itinerary planner for more information.
- We advise that you plan enough time to change trains and to check in, so that if there are delays you will not miss your flight.
- Brussels Airport - Zaventem (BRU) and Brussels South Charleroi Airport are both called 'Brussels Airport' by some airlines. Your airline operator can tell you which airport you are flying from.
Brussels Airport - Zaventem
Book your train ticket
* Price quote is based on single, 2nd class No-Flex fare for Thalys from Amsterdam Centraal to Brussel Zuid/Midi. Tickets have limited availability and cannot be changed or cancelled after purchase. Tickets for Brussels City Shuttle buses or Brussel - Charleroi Sud trains are not included.