Quickly to the heart of Salzburg
- From € 40* one-way trip with ICE International
- From € 39* one-way trip with ÖBB Nightjet
- Change trains twice
- Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Comfortable seating
- Arrival in the heart of town
- No parking costs
- Online no booking fee
Travel information SalzburgICE International will bring you from Amsterdam Central Station to Salzburg, just having to change trains twice. Would you prefer to travel at night? Then ÖBB Nightjet is the ideal way to travel fast and comfortably to the heart of Salzburg.
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner
Prices train tickets SalzburgNo trip is the same. We are very aware of this and therefore offer a fitting rate for every travel situation.
The price depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Options flexibility ICE International
- Rebooking: free of charge except for reservation costs
- Cancellation: free of charge up to 1 day before departure
- Can be booked up until departure
- Lowest rates
- Can be booked up to 1 day before departure
- Can be rebooked or cancelled (for a charge)
Book in advance and save money!Do you want to and can you book far in advance? Then choose for a Sparpreis Europa rate: the best rate for the price-conscious travellers. You will not be able to cancel or rebook the ticket.
General tips for getting the cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper.
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Book online to avoid booking fee.
Super Discount is the lowest rate on a one-way ticket to a destination in a country beyond Germany. Super Discount tickets have a limited availability and cannot be changed after booking and/or cancelled. Super Discount tickets can be booked up to 7 days before departure.
Find all our booking tips here
Practical informationTo make your trip that much easier, we have summed up certain practical issues for you.
ICE International facilitiesWe gladly inform you about all facilities on board so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of ICE international
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of ÖBB Nightjet
View the itinerary plannerPlease keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download our appDownload our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Free access to the loungesIf you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.
Seat reservationIt is not mandatory to reserve a seat with ICE International. We do, however, advise you to do so. You will receive a confirmation of your seat reservation stating the carriage number and seat number.
Seat reservation 1st classWhen booking a first class ticket, the seat reservation costs are included in the price of your ticket. The seat reservation is not done automatically. After booking you will have to reserve a seat.
View our top destinations
* This price is based on the lowest price from Amsterdam Central Station, one-way, 2nd class,. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions.