Quickly to the Brussels region
- From € 25 one way trip with Intercity Brussel
- From € 29 one way trip with Thalys
- Travel time Amsterdam - Brussels region 1.51 with Thalys
- Thalys-Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Comfortable seating
- No luggage costs
- Online no booking fee
Book your train ticket
Travel information Brussels regionThere is plenty to experience in the Brussels region and with the train you'll be there in no time! You can travel with Thalys or Intercity Brussels. In Brussels your can catch a domestic train to various destinations in the region. Choose which train to the Brussels region meets your needs the best.
Read more about changing trains
Travel with Intercity Brussels Travel with Thalys No reservation required Fast and comfortable travel to Belgium Flexibility: easily take a train earlier or later Reserved seats Discount with your “NS abonnement” Early booking = lowest prices Early Bird tickets when you book in advance* Shortest travel time*You can book an Early Bird ticket up until 7 days before departure
Prices train tickets the Brussels regionThere are different types of Thalys rates each with related prices. Train ticket prices for Intercity Brussels depend on the time of booking and travel. Book at least 7 days before departure and you will travel for the best price anywhere in Belgium
Price examples Brussels region
- To Brussels Central: from € 25* (Early bird rate)
- To Tienen: from € 29* (Early bird rate)
- To Brussels Airport - Zaventem**: from € 30,40* (Early bird rate)
- To Aalst: from € 29* (Early bird rate)
*Listed prices are based on tickets from Amsterdam Central Station. The price of Intercity Brussels is based on kilometres – if you depart form a station that is closer to the Ardennes, then the trip is cheaper.
** Includes Brussels Airport Supplement (Diabolo)
The price of Thalys depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Options flexibility Thalys
- Bargain tickets
- Limited rebooking
- Subject to availability
- Change possible
- 50% refund
- Sufficient available
- Rebooking free of charge
- Cancellation free of charge
- Always available
Book in advance and save moneyThalys tickets can be booked up to 4 months in advance.
General tips for getting the cheapest Intercity Brussels ticketsFor Intercity Brussels you can buy tickets from 180 days before departure. Up until 7 days before departure, you are able to buy our Early Bird tickets: tickets with a significant discount, especially when you travel on week days (Monday-Tuesday).
General tips for getting the Thalys cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper.
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Book online to avoid booking fee.
Practical informationTo make your trip that much easier, we have summed up certain practical issues for you.
Facilities on board the trainWe gladly inform you about all facilities on board so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Thalys
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Intercity Brussels
View the itinerary plannerPlease keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download the appDownload our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Changing trainsYou can travel to either Brussel-Zuid (Midi) or Antwerp, where you can catch a domestic train to various destinations in the Ardennes.
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner.
Free access to the loungesIf you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.
View our top destinations
* Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class with Intercity Brussels. All rates are subject to applicable fare conditions.