If you have a Studentenreisproduct and want to travel internationally, in some cases you will be entitled to a 40% or 100% discount on the Dutch part of your international train journey:
- Travel for free from Monday 04:00 AM until Saturday 04:00 AM, except in the summer and on holidays
- Travel for free on Goede Vrijdag
- Travel with discount from Saturday 04:00 AM until Monday 04:00 AM
- Travel for free from Friday 12:00 PM until 04:00 AM
- Travel for free on holidays from 04:00 AM until 04:00 AM the next day
- On the day before Goede Vrijdag, before Koningsdag, before Bevrijdingsdag and before Hemelvaartsdag you travel as on a Friday
- Travel with discount on Monday from 04:00 AM, on Tuesday until Thursday from 09:00 AM and on Friday from 09:00 AM until 12:00 PM
- Travel without discount on Tuesday until Friday before 09:00 AM
In all cases we recommend that you purchase an international ticket for your entire journey, i.e. from your departure station in the Netherlands to your final destination outside the Netherlands.
One international ticket for your entire trip
You can book your trip from the departure station in the Netherlands to your final destination with one ticket. Are you entitled to a 40% or 100% discount on the domestic route? Please indicate this while booking:
- Via NSInternational.nl: choose the option '40% discount in the Netherlands' or '100% discount in the Netherlands'.
- Via an NS ticket machine: choose the option 'NS route with discount' or 'NS route free'.
Then you will receive an international ticket which includes the 40% or 100% discount. Do not forget to bring your NS subscription as well as your ticket on your trip. You should be able to show both.
Can you not travel there and back with the same discount? You can also book 2 one-tickets.
Book your train ticket
- More than thousands of European destinations online
- Dutch and English customer service
- No booking fee online
- Pay online easily and safely