Quickly to Val Thorens
- From € 95* one-way trip with Thalys (excl. bus)
- Travel time Amsterdam - Val Thorens ca. 9,5 hours (incl. bus transfer)
- Every Saturday in the winter months with Thalys to the Alps
- Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Comfortable seating
- No luggage costs
- Online no booking fee
Travel information Val ThorensThalys will bring you to Moûtiers, and from there you can take the bus to Val Thorens.
Travel times Thalys 2018-2019 Times from the Netherlands Station Times to the Netherlands 05.42 (d) Amsterdam Central 00.10 (a) 05.59 (d) Schiphol 23.54 (a) 06.25 (d) Rotterdam Central 23.33 (a) 07.05 (d) Antwerp Central 22.56 (a) 07.53 (d) Brussels-South (Midi) 22.11 (a) 12.21 (a) Chambery 17.50 (d) 13.04 (a) Albertville 16.58 (d) 13.46 (a) Moutiers Salins 16.25 (d) 14.05 (a) Aime la Plagne 16.00 (d) 14.16 (a) Landry 15.49 (d) 14.28 (a) Bourg St. Maurice 15.39 (d)
Outward journey from 22 December 2018 - 16 March 2019
Return trip from 29 December 2018 - 23 March 2019
Book your train ticket
Prices train tickets Val ThorensNo trip is the same. We are very aware of this and therefore offer a fitting rate for every travel situation.
The price depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Options flexibility Thalys
- Bargain tickets
- Limited rebooking
- Subject to availability
- Change possible
- 50% refund
- Sufficient available
- Rebooking free of charge
- Cancellation free of charge
- Always available
Book in advance and save money!You can already get a train ticket to Val Thorens from just € 95 (not including bus fare) for a one-way trip. Find out for yourself: skis or snowboard on board the train, luggage in the overhead compartments and off we go!
General tips for getting the cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets
- Book online to avoid booking fee
- Book in September for tickets in the winter months
Practical informationTo make your trip that much easier, we have summed up certain practical issues for you.
Thalys facilitiesWe will gladly inform you about all facilities on board Thalys, so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
View the itinerary plannerPlease keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download the appDownload our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Bus transferFrom Moûtiers there are bus transfers to Val Thorens.
When booking train tickets to Val Thorens your final train destination will automatically become Moûtiers, the station where you can get off and take the bus to Val Thorens.
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner
Free access to the loungesIf you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.
Our top destinations
* Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions.