- Fast to the heart of the city
- From just € 59* one-way trip with Eurostar
- In 4h44m to the heart of London
- Comfortable travel and arrive well-rested
- Eurostar ticket is valid from any station in the Netherlands
- London Eye: offers a stunning view of the city
- Museums: National Gallery and the British Museum
- Royal places: Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace
- Royal parks: Hyde Park, St. James’s Park and Chelsea Physic Garden
- Theatre & film: West End
- Neighbourhoods to visit: Soho and Chinatown
To London by train
Eurostar is the high-speed train that departs daily from Brussels-Midi to London. From Brussels, Eurostar runs at 300 km/h up to the Channel Tunnel. The 'crossing' only takes 21 minutes! You can choose to travel with Thalys or Intercity Brussels. Both options allow you to travel to London 6 times a day.
There has never been a better time to spend a weekend in London by train than now. This is because a direct train runs from London to Amsterdam twice a day. This Eurostar takes you from London St Pancras International to Rotterdam in just 3 hours and to Amsterdam Central Station in 3 hours and 40 minutes. A single trip costs just € 40!
|Route the Netherlands - London||Travel time||Change trains|
|Amsterdam - London||4h45m||1|
|Schiphol - London||4h24m||1|
|Rotterdam - London||3h59m||1|
|Route London - the Netherlands||Travel times||Change trains|
|London - Amsterdam*||3h41m*||0|
|London - Schiphol||4h16m||1|
|London - Rotterdam*||3h01m*||0|
* This is the travel time for the direct train, so without changing trains from London to the Netherlands. There are also several indirect connections, with a transfer in Brussels-Zuid/Midi. Travel times can be found in the table "Travelling from the Netherlands to London".
|Train from Schiphol to city centre: from € 59||Airplane from Schiphol to Heatrow / Stansted / Luton / Gatwick: from € 35|
|Total travel time||4h59m||4h45m|
St. Pancras International
On route, you can read, chat, eat or stretch your legs. That way you will arrive at St. Pancras International station relaxed. And immediately you will be at your first tourist attraction. This station is one of London's largest Victorian buildings as well as being a luxurious, contemporary shopping mall.
Arrive in the heart of the city
When you leave the station, you step into the bustling life of London. Want to travel with a characteristic English taxi or do you prefer a double-decker bus? Or go for a walk: from the station, it takes about 45 minutes to reach the very heart of the city. On the way, you will walk through famous culinary and artistic streets and pass by the British Museum. Your city trip will have really started immediately!
Tips to book cheap traintickets
- Book as early as possible so you have the best chance of getting the lowest price
- You can book tickets for Eurostar approximately 4 till 6 months before departure (varies according to the route)
- If you want to go on a weekendtrip, try booking Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun
Our top destinations
* Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions.