- ICE International: with 300 km/h to Zurich
- Travel with ÖBB Nightjet to Austria
- Directly to the French Alps
The advantages of travelling by train
Taking the train to ski destinations has lots of advantages. You do not put on snow chains, deal with traffic or purchase mandatory mountain passes and winter tires. Great, right? Besides, you can take your ski equipement on board the train.
Ski destinations in France
The French ski slopes are directly attainable from the Netherlands with Thalys. Every Saturday from 22 December 2018 until 16 until March 2019, a high-speed train leaves early in the morning from Amsterdam Central Station via Schiphol and Rotterdam Central Station to the French Alps.
Overview ski destinations France
In the winter months Thalys will bring you directly to Chambéry, Albertville, Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice.
Ski destinations in Austria
There are several ways in which the Austrian ski destinations can be reached by public transport. Download the pdf ski destinations Austria for an overview.
Autria can be reached from the Netherlands using the regular day trains and having to change trains just once. Create the perfect itinerary for your trip by using the international train planner.
It is possible to book your trip to Austria up till 3 months in advance.
- Tickets for ÖBB Nightjet can be booked by phone 180 days before departure. Create the perfect itinerary for your trip by using the international train planner. Telephone number: 030-2300023
- In addition to your train tickets, you can book a connecting coach journey seperately through the Postbus website.
- ÖBB Nightjet can take you and your car or motorcycle to your destination. Book on ÖBB Nightjet
Ski destinations Switzerland
You can take a day train to ski destinations in Switzerland. Download the pdf ski destinations Switzerland for an overview.
A direct ICE International train to Basel from the Netherlands departs every day.
For other destinations in Switzerland, please use the international train planner to plan your trip. Tickets for ICE International can be booked 3 months in advance.
ÖBB Nightjet departs from Dusseldorf to München, Kufstein, Wörgl and Innsbruck, and also to Passau, Linz and Vienna. Please note:
- Please use the international train planner to plan your trip. Tickets for ICE International can be booked 3 months in advance.
- In addition to your train tickets, you can book a connecting coach journey separately through the Swiss Travel System website.
Ski destinations Italy
For ski destinations in Italy you can take a daytime train. Download the pdf ski destinations Italy for an overview.
Every day, several daytime trains depart to Germany and Switzerland. Here you can catch trains to various destinations in Italy.
Ski destinations Germany
Take ICE International to Dortmund where you take a train to different directions in Sauerland. ICE departs from Amsterdam Centraal.
To Winterberg by train
Take ICE International to Dortmund (changing trains in Oberhausen) where you take the train to Winterberg. Travel time is 5h23m. ICE departs from Amsterdam, Schiphol and Rotterdam 10 times a day.