Quickly to the heart of Paris
- From € 35* one-way trip
- Travel time Amsterdam – Paris 3.18 hrs
- 10 connections a day
- Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Comfortable seating
- Arrival in the heart of town
- Online no booking fee
Prices train tickets Paris
Rates to Paris with Thalys
Based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station
The price depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Options flexibility Thalys
- Bargain tickets
- Rebooking is not possible
- Subject to availability
- One change possible
- 50% refund
- Readily available
- Rebooking free of charge
- Cancellation free of charge
- Always available
Travel information Paris
Thalys runs 10 times a day at top speed from Amsterdam via Schiphol and Rotterdam to Paris. During your trip, you’ll have all you need to able to relax in our comfortable seats.
Travel times Paris
Travel information Paris to Amsterdam
Are you planning a trip from Paris to Amsterdam? In just 3 hours and 18 minutes the Thalys high-speed train will take you from Paris Gare du Nord to Amsterdam Central Station in the heart of town.
Travelling from Paris to Amsterdam by train is one of the fastest ways of travelling and offers the added benefits of comfortable seating and boarding without check-in time. There are 9 daily Thalys connections that will take you from Paris to Rotterdam, Schiphol and Amsterdam. Check the Paris to Amsterdam timetable and plan your travel up to 4 months in advance with our itinerary planner
Book in advance and save money!
The sooner you book, the lower the price. As of 4 months in advance, you can book one-way train tickets to Paris from € 35.
General tips for getting the cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper.
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Book online to avoid booking fee.
To make your trip that much easier, we have summed up certain practical issues for you.
Discounts for museums with your Thalys ticket
To the heart of Paris? Thalys will get you even further: right into a museum! Your ticket entitles you to discounts at these museums:
- Musée du Quai Branly, 37 quai Branly, 75007 Paris. When showing your Thalys train ticket, you will pay only € 7 instead of € 10. In addition, you will get a 10% discount at the Café Branly.
- Philharmonie de Paris, Parc de la Villette, 221 av Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris. Show your Thalys train ticket at the museum desk and get two tickets for the price of one!
We gladly inform you about all facilities on board Thalys so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
We recommend that you download the Paris public transport app (RATP) (iOS or Android). This app is completely free and you can also plan your trip without an Internet connection. Once in Paris, walk from the platform down towards the main hall and follow the signs to the metro line recommended by the RATP app. You can already purchase you metro ticket in the bar-buffet on board Thalys for the same price, thus avoiding having to queue in Paris.
Taxi in Paris
Booking via app: You can book a taxi from 15 days to just before your arrival at Paris Gare Du Nord with the eCab app (iOS or Android).
Booking on board Thalys: If you are travelling 1st class, you can ask a Thalys staff member to book you a taxi.
Booking at Paris Gare du Nord: Once in Paris, walk from the platform down towards the main hall. Turn right and follow exit ‘Cour des taxis' or 'Rue de Maubeuge' until you are out of the station. Outside there is a taxi rank where you can take a taxi.
View the itinerary planner
Please keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download the app
Download our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Free access to the lounges
If you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.