- Easy and fast
- No booking fee
- Easy and safe method of payment
- Printing tickets yourself
- Travelling with a mobile ticket
Find and book
You can purchase tickets online to thousands of destinations. By filling in your destination and preferred date of travel into the search field, you can buy tickets online quickly and easily. There is a maximum of 5 people on an online reservation. Is your destination not listed? Then book your ticket via NS Service Center 030-2300023.
Prices depend on the time of booking, degree of flexibility and the time of travel.
We offer different rates, with the lowest rates often limited. If the cheapest tickets are sold out, the "stock" will automatically sell slightly more expensive tickets.
The price can also depend on the degree of flexibility, just like in aviation: if you want to be able to change or cancel your ticket later, you pay a little more. And: the busier the train, the more expensive the tickets will be. So be quick and book your train ticket as early as possible. You will then have the best chance of getting the lowest prices.
No booking fee
The costs of booking an international train ticket online is also lower because you don't have to pay a booking fee.
Safe payment online
To ensure secure payment, all our Internet payments run via a secure connection with our payment provider. We don't have access to your credit card details.
Online tickets can be purchased in two ways:
- Via iDeal (no additional fee will be charged)
- By credit card (American Express, Eurocard/MasterCard or Visa, no additional fee will be charged)
Tips booking cheap tickets online
With these tips you can always book the lowest rate:
- Book early. Tickets in the lowest price category are limited. So be quick. Tickets can already be purchased online four months before departure.
- Set up a booking alert. If you can’t book your ticket yet, but you want to be quite sure that you can book the lowest price, then ask for a free booking alert and we will send you an email when it’s possible to book your ticket.
- Travel on cheaper days. Travelling in the evenings is often cheaper. And if you are going for a weekend getaway it’s often a lot cheaper if you travel on Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
Good to know
Tickets purchased online or by telephone can be cancelled online. Other bookings can be cancelled by telephone, or, if purchased at a travel agency, via the original outlet. And only if the ticket rate conditions allow for this.
Read more about rebooking tickets
Print your tickets at home
For practically all train tickets that you can purchase online, you are given the option of printing your ticket at home yourself. That's great if you're travelling today or tomorrow.
Homeprint tickets can be purchased with any station in the Netherlands as the departure station.
Please note: You must be able to show identification when your ticket is checked on board the train.
More information about Homeprint
Travelling with a mobile ticket
When making an international trip with Thalys or travelling to Belgium, Luxembourg or Germany, you can use a mobile ticket and won't need to bring a hard-copy ticket with you. With a mobile ticket, you also won't need to check in or out when you've booked a ticket from the station that you board the train.
How does it work?
- Download the NS International App
- Open the confirmation email and click on the link leading to your mobile ticket
- Your ticket will automatically be saved in the NS International App, under the header 'My tickets'
Are you departing within 5 working days and is it not possible for you to print your ticket yourself? You then have the option of collecting your ticket(s) at an NS International counter in a Service Office. Your tickets can be collected at the NS International desk at the Service shop up to one hour before departure time, using your booking code. Show a valid proof of indentity. If payment was done by creditcard, show this creditcard when collecting your tickets. Please take into account it can be crowded at the ticket counters, especially during the holiday periods. Get your tickets earlier if possible. Check the opening hours. Having your ticket printed at the desk costs € 5.
More about collecting tickets
Tickets delivered at home
Only when it's not possible for you to print your ticket at home, can you, in some cases, choose to have your ticket(s) delivered at home.
Please note: You must order your ticket(s) at least five workings days before your date of travel.