- Travel while sleeping
- Safely and efficiently to the most beautiful destinations
- Reserved seats, couchettes or sleepers
- Travelling during the night = win 2 days compared to travelling by car
ÖBB NightjetTravelling to Munich or further on to Austria? Save yourself valuable time and expensive hotels. Depart to Berlin or Dusseldorf from Amsterdam in the early afternoon and catch Austrian Railway’s new night train: the ÖBB Nightjet. In the morning you will arrive at your destination well-rested and ready to go.
BookingYou can book your ÖBB Nightjet tickets as of 180 days before departure. Book as early as possible because the cheapest tickets are usually first to go.
You can book by phone (030-2300023) or at the International Desk at the station.
TravelAfter departing from Amsterdam at 18.37 with ICE International, you will catch the ÖBB Nightjet in Dusseldorf at 20.54 hrs. This night train does not only travel to Munich, Kufstein, Wörgl and Innsbruck, but also to Passau, Linz and Vienna.
Tip: when changing trains at Düsseldorf Hbf, you will need to go to the other side of the arrival platform. You have 8 minutes to change trains. You could also take an earlier train at 16.35 hrs and arrive in Dusseldorf at 18.46 hrs. This will give you enough time to grab a bite to eat in town. You can leave your luggage in a locker at the station.
Mandatory reservationIt is mandatory to reserve a place on the ÖBB Nightjet in the type of accommodation you wish to have. Make sure you are at your reserved place within 15 minutes of the train’s departure. After that you forfeit your right to the place and it can be give to someone else.
PassportThe sleeping car inspector will keep your passport and tickets during the trip. Your travel documents will be returned to you before you leave the train.
Types of accommodation ÖBB NightjetOn board of ÖBB Nightjet, you have a choice of seating, lying or sleeping accommodation. There are sleeping carriage with sleepers for a 1, 2 or 3-person compartments, couchettes for 4 or 6 persons and seating compartments with 6 seats. In each category you can either choose to share your compartment with other travellers or have your private one.
- There are 1, 2 or 3 persons compartments available.
- Beds are provided with linen (pillow and blanket) and there is a washbasin that is stocked with towels and toiletries.
- A Deluxe sleeping compartment has its own bathroom equipped with washbasin, shower and toilet and is stocked with towels and shower gel.
- If you book a single bed in a 2 or 3 persons’ compartment, you will share a compartment with other passengers (men and woman separate).
- You will receive a welcome package which includes an aperitif, a snack and a bottle of mineral water. In the evening you may select an elaborate breakfast which will be served in your compartment at a your own chosen time.
- Compartments available for 4 or 6 persons.
- Every couchette has a blanket, a sheet and a pillow. Toilet and washing facilities are located outside the compartment in the carriage.
- Your stay includes mineral water and a small breakfast. Drinks and snacks are available for purchases and will be served in your room.
- When booking, you can indicate a preference for a bottom, middle or top bunk.
- These compartments are meant for groups, families or price-conscientious travellers. There are special compartments for women and,- wheelchair-bound travellers. Also available are private compartments for 1-6 persons (1-3 adults, max. 5 children up to 14 years) at a fixed rate incl breakfast – very interesting for families, small groups or senior citizens (as they can spend the night comfortably on 2 beds side by side).More information on this is available on NS International Service Center: 030-2300023
- Every 2nd class department has 6 seats
- Toilet and washing facilities are located in the carriage
- Drinks and snacks are available for purchase with a member of staff in the couchettes and sleeping carriages
- For travels between 07.01.-11.04.2019 there are private compartments available, bookable for 1-3 persons (1-3 adults, max. 2 children up to 14 years).
Women-only compartmentsFor female travellers, a reservation can be made in a special women-only compartment. Places in one of the women-only compartments can only be reserved via NS International Service Center or at a NS International service desk in one of the international Ticket & Service offices.ÖBB, Harald Eisenberger
With ÖBB Nightjet to ViennaThe night train to Vienna runs from Dusseldorf and Berlin.
Departure from Amsterdam with ICE International is at 18.37 hrs (or optionally 16.35 hrs) and at 20.54 hrs you can switch trains in Dusseldorf and catch the ÖBB Nightjet. This train departs at the other side of the arrival platform.
Train section 40421 runs to Vienna via, among others, Passau and Linz, and arrives at 8.19 hrs.
The ÖBB Nightjet runs via Poland to Vienna.
Munich - Innsbruck
With ÖBB Nightjet to Munich and InnsbruckThe night train to Vienna runs from Dusseldorf. Departure from Amsterdam with ICE International is at 18.37 hrs (or optionally 16.35 hrs) and at 20.54 hrs you can switch trains in Dusseldorf and catch the ÖBB Nightjet. This train departs at the other side of the arrival platform.
Train section 421 runs to Innsbruck (arrival at 9.14 hrs) via, among others, Munich (arrival at 7.05 hrs), Kufstein (arrival at 8.25 hrs) and Wörgl (arrival at 8.36 hrs).