Quickly to the heart of Brussels
- From € 29* one-way trip with Thalys
- From € 26,70* one-way trip with Intercity Brussels
- Travel time Amsterdam - Brussels: 1.50 with Thalys
- Thalys-Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Comfortable seating
- Arrival in the heart of town
- Online no booking fee
From the Randstad area you can travel quickly by train to Brussels. During your trip, you’ll have all you need to able to relax in our comfortable seats. You can choose to make the journey with Thalys or Intercity Brussels. Choose which train to Brussels meets your needs the best.
Travel with Intercity Brussels Travel with Thalys Easy spontaneous visit to Belgium Fast and comfortable travel to Belgium Last minute tickets available Reserved seats Fixed low ticket price Early booking = lowest prices No reservation needed Shortest travel time
Travel times Brussels
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner. Check the Thalys lowest fare finder
Tickets issued from or to Brussels-South-Midi are also valid in the regular trains from or to the stations in the Brussels zone.
Which stations belong to Brussels zone?
Prices train tickets Brussels
There are different types of Thalys rates each with related prices. The prices of Intercity Brussels tickets are fixed and not dependent on the time of booking or availability of tickets. Even last-minute, you can travel for the same price!
The price of Thalys depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Options flexibility Thalys
- Bargain tickets
- Rebooking is not possible
- Subject to availability
- One change possible
- 50% refund
- Readily available
- Rebooking free of charge
- Cancellation free of charge
- Always available
Prices Intercity Brussels to Brussels
Standard rate Discount NS route Free travel NS route Standard rate Discount NS route Free travel NS route 2nd class 1st class One-way trip € 44.60 € 33.60 € 17.20 € 73.00 € 54.40 € 26.60 Return trip € 89.20 € 67.20 € 34.40 € 146.00 € 108.80 € 53.20 Super Day Returm € 56.80 -- € 24.00 € 92.80 -- € 37.20 Weekend Return € 53.40 -- € 20.60 € 73.00 -- € 26.60 Youth € 29.00 € 27.60 € 11.20 -- -- --*Listed from-prices are based on tickets from Amsterdam Central Station. The price of Intercity Brussels is based on kilometres – if you depart form a station that is closer to Brussels, then the trip is cheaper.
Book in advance and save money!
Thalys tickets to Brussels can be booked up to 4 months in advance.
General tips for getting the Thalys cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper.
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Book online to avoid booking fee.
General tips for getting the cheapest Intercity Brussels tickets
For Intercity Brussels you can buy tickets up to and including the day of departure. You pay a standard price for a one-way or return ticket.
There are, however, cheaper tickets available in the form of, for example, Weekend Return and Super Day Return.
- Weekend Return - With a Weekend Return ticket your profit from a 40% discount when travelling within the same weekend. The outward journey can be taken on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and the return on Saturday or Sunday. Both without time constriction. On certain national holidays the Weekend Return is extended with a few days.
- Super Day Return - Are you planning to travel back and forth on the same day? You can then get a 20% discount on the standard ticket price! Travel for less with a Super Day Return! Travelling is permitted from Mondays to Fridays after 9.00 hours and the entire day on weekends, certain national and every day in July and August.
- Youth ticket - Passengers 25 years and younger can travel with 35% discount. It permits you to travel after 09.00 hrs on Mondays to Fridays and the entire day on weekends, certain national holidays and in July and August.
To make your trip that much easier, we have summed up certain practical issues for you.
We gladly inform you about all facilities on board Thalys so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
View the itinerary planner
Please keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download the app
Download our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Travel with a mobile ticket
When travelling with Thalys to Brussels, you can use a mobile ticket. You won’t need a paper ticket, or even have to check in and out. At Step 3 when booking your ticket, you can indicate that you wish a mobile ticket.
Free access to the lounges
If you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.