- From just € 59 with Eurostar to London together with Thalys
- At least 6 x connections a day, change trains once
- London – Amsterdam from June 2019 3 times a day directly
- Reserved seats
- Comfortable travel
The Eurostar is the high-speed train for daily connections from Brussel-Zuid/Midi to Lille, Ebbsfleet and London. From Brussels to the Channel Tunnel, the Eurostar travels up to 300 km/h. The “crossing” only takes 21 minutes! Eurostar runs on the following routes:
- Directly from London to Rotterdam and Amsterdam, 2x a day
See timetable Londen to Amsterdam
- Amsterdam - Brussels v.v.: 2 daily connections
- From June 2019 Eurostar will run 3x a day to Brussels and from London to Amsterdam
Please note: Eurostar from Amsterdam to Brussels doesn't stop in Schiphol Airport.
Travel from the Netherlands to London
When travelling to London you always have to change trains once at Brussel Zuid/Midi. For the trip to Brussels (i.e. initial travel) you can travel with either Thalys or Intercity Brussels. It's important that you check-in at least 30 minutes before the departure of Eurostar. From 60 minutes before departure you have acces to the terminal of your train. Read more about changing trains and check-ins.
Initial travel Thalys Initial travel Intercity Brussels From € 59 from Amsterdam Central Station From € 59* Travel time Amsterdam - London 4.46 hours Travel time Amsterdam - London 5.38 hours In the Netherlands calls at Amsterdam Central, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam Central Makes several calls in the Netherlands (Amsterdam Central, Schiphol, Rotterdam Central, Dordrecht, Roosendaal) Can be booked 4 months in advance Can be booked 6 months in advance
*You pay the same price from any departure station in the Netherlands.
- Directly from London to Rotterdam and Amsterdam, 2x a day
With NS International you can travel from € 59 from the Netherlands to London and from € 40 from London to the Netherlands (directly). Your ticket is also your seat reservation. The sooner you book the cheaper your ticket.
The price depends on
- Travel class - Standard, Standard Premier or Business Premier
- Flexibility- Regarding rebooking and cancellations
- Moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
Connections with 1 transfer
- Combination Thalys - Eurostar: from € 59
- Combination Intercity Brussels – Eurostar, including initial trip from any station in the Netherlands: from € 59
Per class, you pay:
Class Price one-way trip Standard € 59 - € 220 Standard Premier € 99,50 - € 274 Business Premier € 360
Direct train London - Amsterdam
Class Price one-way trip Standard € 40 - € 205,50 Standard Premier € 90,50 - € 228,50 Business Premier € 299
Book in advance and save money!
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun
- Book online to avoid booking fee
Geen enkele reis is hetzelfde. Dat beseffen wij maar al te goed. Daarom bieden wij voor elke reissituatie het meest passende tarief, gebaseerd op de flexibiliteit die u zoekt.
Options flexibility Eurostar
Standard Standard premier Business Premier Can be booked from € 40 per person per one-way trip + price difference until departure of the train Can be booked from € 50 per person per one-way trip + price difference until departure of the train Can be rebooked until the departure of the train, free of charge No refund possible No refund possible Can be cancelled until the departure of the train, free of charge
Pre-sale period and seat reservations
The direct Eurostar tickets from London to Amsterdam can be booked with NS International. As of 6 months before departure, you can book these direct Eurostar tickets. The sooner you book, the lower the price. Your tickets are also your seat reservations: you are therefore guarenteed a seat.
Tickets for the conncection Intercity Brussels-Eurostar, with transfer in Brussel-Zuid/Midi, can also be booked 6 months before departure.
Connections Thalys-Eurostar, with transfer in Brussel-Zuid/Midi, can be booked 4 months before departure.
Travel with Intercity direct
Passengers with an international ticket for all-station trains and Intercity services to Brussel-Zuid/Midi can also travel with the Intercity directly between Amsterdam-Rotterdam. You do not need a supplement ticket, your international ticket for Intercity Brussels is sufficient.
Important: Take into account that when travelling with Intercity direct you will have less time to change trains in Rotterdam. Although the trains are on the same platform, you may not have enough time to catch your connecting train from when travelling with a lot of luggages. Transfer time is 2 minutes.
Rate conditions when travelling with both
Intercity Brussels and Eurostar Tickets Intercity Brussels valid from any station in the Netherlands
Train tickets for Intercity Brussels together with Eurostar is valid from any station in the Netherlands. This means that you can begin your journey from any station in the Netherlands, whether that's Groningen or Amsterdam for the same price. 2nd class tickets can be booked from € 59 each way. With this semi flex rate you can rebook but not cancel your ticket. You can book tickets from 6 months in advance.
Classes in Eurostar
When travelling with Eurostar to and from London, you can choose 3 travel classes: Standard, Standard Premier and Business Premier. Between Amsterdam/Rotterdam and Brussels you can only travel in Standard and Standard Premier.
Standard Standard premier Business Premier ✓ Check-in to 30 minutes before departure ✓ Check-in to 30 minutes before departure ✓ Extra fast check-in: to 15 minutes before departure ✓ In the bar carriage, Café Métropole you can purchase a snack, drinks and meal ✓ A light meal and drinks are served at your seat ✓ Delicious meal adjusted to the time of day and created by star chef Raymond Blanc ✓ Rebooking is possible, you will to need to pay a rebooking fee ✓ Lots of leg room and comfortable seats ✓ Completely flexible to travel when you want to ✓ Free magazines ✓ Free and unlimited ticket change and cancelation is free of charge ✓ Rebooking is possible, you will to need to pay a rebooking fee ✓ Access to the exclusive Business Premier lounges of Eurostar
Access to the lounge
Passengers with a Business Premier class ticket and Loyalty Card Railteam partner have access to both our own NS International Lounges as well as to the lounge in the Eurostar terminals in Brussels and London. The lounge is equipped with everything: drinks, snacks, comfortable chairs, free WiFi, computers and phone chargers.
On board of Eurostar
Mobile coverage in the Channel Tunnel
In the tunnel you can also make a call and use the Internet (4g).
For every class, Eurostar has its own catering offer:
- During booking, passengers that choose a Standard Premier or Business Premier ticket can indicate if they want to order a special menu. Children’s and vegetarian menus can be ordered up to 24 hours ahead. For special dietary needs like gluten free, diabetic etc you must order at least 48 hours ahead.
- In the Business Premier class you can enjoy a menu of top-quality, created in collaboration with well-known star chef Raymond Blanc. The ingredients of the meal are sustainably grown seasonal products. Breakfast is served in the trains that depart before 11.00 hrs. That means croissants, sandwiches and pastry and a choice between a warm breakfast or cold meats, yoghurt and fruit. Warm or cold drinks are served at your seat. You can enjoy as much Lavazza coffee as you like. Lunch and dinner are three course meals; you can choose between a warm of cold main meal. In the afternoon trains from London you can enjoy afternoon tea and to London you will get a café gourmand, with different cakes en warm and cold dishes. There is a large selection of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages that are served at your seat. And for those who have something to celebrate: there is, of course, champagne!
- You can get a delicious, light meal served at your seat, adjusted to the time of day. Breakfast is served before 11 hrs: croissants, sandwiches, pastry, yoghurt, fruit juice, tea or coffee with which to start your day off well. The rest of the day you can choose between two main meals plus a dessert with soft drinks, wine or beer plus tea or coffee. For children, you can choose a kid’s meal. Children’s and vegetarian menus can be ordered up to 24 hrs ahead.
- When travelling in Standard class, you can purchase warm drinks, soft drinks, snacks, meals and a sweet snack at Café Métropole, our bar carriage. You are permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board.
- Would you like to start your trip festive? Surprise your companion(s) and let our staff bring you champagne at your seat after the train departs. A cooled bottle of champagne of Duval Leroy 37.5 cl costs € 35.37, a big cooled bottle costs € 57.87. Order up to 36 hrs before departure via the Eurostar Customer Service: +44 1233 617 575. You will receive a confirmation email from Eurostar once your order has been received. Print this conformation and bring it with you on your trip. Your order will be served at your seat an hour after the train’s departure. If something changes (a different train or different seats, for example) then you must let Eurostar know at least 36 hrs before departure so that the order can be adjusted.
There are electrical outlets in the carriages 5 and 14 Standard. All seats in Standard Premier and Business Premier contain both European and British outlets.
Locating your carriage
Your carriage and seat numbers are printed on your ticket. At the station, look at the side of the Eurostar train or the flags on the platform to find your carriage number or the buffet carriage.
Youth travelling without an adult
- may not travel unaccompanied by an adult.
- may travel alone provided that, besides a form of identification, they are in possession of a form "Unaccompanied Minor" that will be signed by a parent or guardian during check-in in the presence of qualified personnel. This form is also valid for the return journey.
- During their trip, must have a valid identification and parental permission.
*An identity check is performed after the check-in by the Belgian Federal Police, both for passengers travelling to London as for passengers travelling to Lille-Europe.
Travellers with impaired mobility
Our trains and stations provide a number of special facilities that make sure our trains are as accessible as possible for everyone, including the elderly, visually impaired and other passengers with impaired mobility.
- You may take 2 medium-sized suitcases and 1 carry-on item with you.
- Children older than 4 years with a child fare ticket may take 1 medium-sized suitcase and 1 carry-on item.
- There are luggage cars present.
- There is room at the end of each carriage to store your luggage.
- Larger pieces of luggage (including sports equipment longer than 85 cm), should be dropped off at the luggage office in the Eurostar terminal at Brussels South or London St Pancras International. Your luggage can then be collected at your arrival station 24 hours later.
- Read more about taking your luggage on board
Bringing bicycles on board
Bicycles are permitted onboard the Eurostar from and to London. While booking, you can make a reservation for your bicycle.
Please note: Bicycles are not permitted on board Thalys. From the Netherlands to London you can only travel with Intercity Brussels, with a transfer at station Brussel-Zuid/Midi. You check your bicycle in during your transfer. While booking, make sure to make a reservation for your bicycle on both Intercity Brussels and Eurostar. At London St Pancras, your bicycle can be collected 24 hours later.
Travelling with the direct Eurostar connection from London to Amsterdam? Then check your bicycle in at London St Pancras International. Be prepared and read everything about bringing a bicycle on board.
Bringing pets on board
Guide dogs may be taken on board; other pets may not. Read more aboutBringing a pet on board.
Travelling with children
What does it cost to travel with children? Can I bring a stroller on board? May children walk about and play? For a worry-free trip, read all the practical information about travelling with children.